Nairobi Central Zone is one of the zones under Caritas Nairobi within Nairobi Denary. It comprises of 13 Self Help Groups;
1. Consolata Shrine Self Help Group
2. Don Bosco, Upperhill Self Help Group
3. Basilica Self Help Group
4. St Joseph Sacrament Muringa Huruma Self Help Group
5. St. Francis Ndenderu Self Help Group
6. Our Lady Queen Of Peace Self Help Group
7. St Catherine Of Alexandiria Self Help Group
8. St Paul Chapel Self Help Group
9. St Joseph Allamano Ruaka Self Help Group
10. St. Peter Clavers Self Help Group
11. St. Raphael Kabete Self Help Group
12. St. Catherene Of Siena Kitisuru Self Help Group
13. Our Lady Of Rosary Ridgeways Self Help Group
Central Nairobi Zone is an agency that collaborates with Caritas to articulate operations regarding humanitarian emergencies and towards the betterment and fullness of life for the marginalized in the community.
Nairobi Central Zone is mandated by Caritas Nairobi to coordinate and implement aid and social-economic development programmes. We have reached thousands of families through interventions in Microfinance (Self-help), agriculture and food security, support for those living with disabilities and HIV/AIDS, Women and Youth empowerment, peer counselling and child protection among others. We operate within the Jurisdiction of the Caritas Nairobi which is under Archdiocese of Nairobi covering the counties of Nairobi and Kiambu, and divided into thirteen self help groups.
During the first Zonal meeting, all management converged. As a norm for such aa meetings, themes for the years are voted for; Educating the Needy, Helping Depressed People in the society and Touching the orphans. Read More
A new dawn
Parenthood in Childhood
The Nairobi Central Zone Self Help Groups in collaboration with Caritas Nairobi and Our Lady Queen of Peace parish invites all those affected by teenage pregnancies in one way or another to a mentorship programme. The programme gives a safe space where real life issues are discussed, experiences are shared and possible way forwards are generated.